View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 02:37 PM
TimSmith
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by kman View Post
finally somebody that gets my point. Thank you.
Or...

Maybe someone who didn't read your post fully. As a 8 year FO, the G's will be here along with the Cessna Columbus and you can make 104K+ a year on the 18 day if you need the money. You CHOSE to work here under a much different set of rules. Your union went and won you 95 different places in the country to live and a 67% raise when the company was under no obligation to give either. And they weren't obligated to even negotiate until 2010. You CHOSE to work at NJ. Now you feel you are unfairly treated, and you are like many of us including me, GREEDY! That's OK! I have no problem with it. I do have a problem with the mode of thinking that it is OWED to us. Itg is most certainly not. Farmers feed us all. We take wealthy clients to destinations for convenience of time. Which is more important? The farmer is, but he makes much less!

The point is you get compensated for what you negotiate. If you don't feel properly compensated at NJ, then YES, apply for SWA, FedEx, UPS!!! Right now we need to focus on improving our product, i.e. focusing on each individual owner so they ALWAYS return to NJ and not our competitors. Word then spreads and we gain more owners and more planes, more flying, more market, more profits, and when 2013 comes around, BETTER pay rates. For now, concentrate on what is good about NJ and improving our product instead of grousing about how poor and mistreated we are.

Cheers!