View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

To the Delta guys, I'm reposting something that was said here earlier because it is exactly correct and could be quite illustrative:

"Just remember that at NWA the dominant political party in the seniority food fight are narrow body FO's they control the roll call vote on the MEC. So before blaming the senior end of the pilot group remember that the tyrrany of the majority is in effect, and is likely reflected in the NWA MEC stated positions."Democracy like sausage making does not bear close scrutiny well"

Our MEC is completely controlled by the bottom half of the seniority list at NWA. Mako's earlier post demonstrates some of the frustration we more senior pilots feel. The follow on DC plan has been taken by the MEC from the top half of the seniority list, and given to the bottom half of the seniority list to even out everyone's retirements. Then someone like Mako uses the word Greedy...apparently he is still unhappy.

Our MEC's total opposition to this merger must have something to do with a problem that will occur to the bottom half of the NWA list. I've just gotten a ton of emails from our LEC and one is talking about the SLI and why DAL's version was rejected. I'll post my findings here shortly.

Carl