View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 12:37 PM
kman
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by TimSmith View Post
80K student loans and an attitude, hhmmmmm.....

Your accounting skills need work too. I have accomplished everything you have and have done it on 70K a year. Many years on less than that. What bothers me about your post is the entitlement attitude. You think you are worth 200K a year but the company does not agree. It is called a marketplace. Your compensation is the settled worth of your services negotiated by the union and the company. You don't like it? Go find someone who pays you what your worth. Otherwise increase the VALUE of YOUR service so YOUR union has hard numbers to negotiate BETTER compensation. It really is that easy. Work hard and give the company a reason behind your arguement.

Those that have good reasons behind their arguements:
UPS- makes $1 billion a QUARTER
FedEx- makes approx $1 billion a year
SWA- has not lost money in any quarter since 1991 while it's peers went bankrupt.

We have shown our services to be of greater value than the teamsters or the company thought. Both entities thought NJ would not make money at our 2005 rates. WE the pilots (including you, kman) have provided a product in demand and the company is profitable. Pay and work rules here have progressed extremely quickly if you look at where this pilot group was 5 years ago. It is not a "don't rock the boat and be grateful" attitude. It is a "know when to peck your fights" attitude. Right now it is in our interests to work with the company. Our current contract is negotiable in 2013. You need to switch from "fight the company for every last penny contract" mode to "professional" mode. At least in your previous posts you alluded to having the capability to express professionalism. Now is the time to show it.
How have I been fighting the company? I have been and will always be a proffessional at my job, I bust my *** everyweek, to make sure i can do every thing I can to make our owners happy. How does striving for more equate non professionalism? You guys seem to think we can't be professional and push for more, I say we can.