View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Blueridger
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Chrysler Pacifica

Originally Posted by kman View Post
You guys make me laugh, I truly see how much u vaule ur work, education, time and self. Why do u guys act like I insulted ur mother? Should I feel bad that I make a decent living? And maybe you should check ur numbers about the 1/15 of one percent.

Im in a very stable job, just finished paying off my almost all my loans, school,cc, and planning to pay my house off with in 5 yrs. And to top it off I have a great beautiful woman who loves and supports me. My life is great.

But I would still be in a huge whole if i just relied on my flying income. AGAIN, what is wrong with striving for more? Maybe your one of those guys that has the dont worry be happy attitudes, but i rather plan for my kids educations, be set for retirement, and be happy. And I tell u what 70k aint going to let that happen.

Im 28, and have set my sights high, I would like to be financially sound for when I start to have kids. My goal is to have my kids education paid for before they start college, so that they don't have to be burdened with 80k in student loans like i was. You guys make me sound like the devil, just because I think we deserve more.

Like a wise man once told me always plan for the worst and hope for the best. Im just hoping we can we all can raise the bar again so that we can make it a bit easier to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

oh yeah, WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
You sure did set your sights high my friend. Let's see: you say you have almost 3 years at NJA, which means you joined the ranks when starting pay was about 26k. Wow, you were an ambitious young man.......
What happened to you is probably what happened to many of us at NJA: we stumbled upon this company after being furloughed when almost no other carriers were hiring pilots with our qualifications. So only one word comes to mind when you gripe about your long upgrade and mediocre pay (and only compared to SWA, FEDEX, and UPS): HYPOCRITE.
Don't cry about how much you make and instead look at how much the union has achieved for us. I came to NJA out of desperation and never planned on finishing my career here. Now, it is a whole different situation, and I have no desire to leave. So be thankful for what you have, because it is a whole lot more than what you originally settled for!!!
As for paying off your house in 5 years at age 28, I can't see how you are struggling in the least. Last I checked, I got 28 years worth of payments on my home!
And on a final note, your upgrade will be occurring within the next 2 years if you truly have been here nearly 3 years. My friend was hired exactly 3 years ago and upgraded a few months ago, like you mention, things have slowed down, but that is mainly due to the PIC merry go round that was previously discussed. So hold on, you will get your hard earned fourth stripe soon my friend (no sarcasm intended - well maybe just a little).