View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Blueridger
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Chrysler Pacifica

Originally Posted by kman View Post
For the amount of work we do compared to UPS, FedEX, and SWA, we need to be at least on par with there pay. And as far as QOL why shouldn't a 20 yr guy have a better qol than a 10 yr guy? Would you really be wanting to bust ur hump on a 7 day tour or more if you didn't have to at the age of 40, 50, 60?

I may have more questions than answers, but maybe you should ask yourself do you know what your worth? I sure do and its definitely more than 70k a year.

And at the minumum we should be around 90k for a 3rd fo on the 7n7 and 5 yr captains pay should be at 130k on the 7n7.
Because a hypocrite gets himself hired and stays at a company that offers him mediocre pay and then suddenly spouts out how much more he's worth after he gets an unscheduled pay raise........

Like I said, Kman, I have no beef with you. You are absolutely correct about striving to get more, but you need to be more adamant about how good we have it at Netjets before you just start ranting about pay rates and upgrade times. We are both fortunate to be here right now because I can assure you new applicants are being interviewed far more thoroughly and competitively than either one of us were. Just look to your three favorite carriers and try and get an interview with them (not that they're interviewing at this time anyways...)

As for making as much as those other pilots at FedEX, UPS, and SWA, I think you need to realize they generate more revenue than our little passenger trips ever could (unless you throw in some long haul Falcon, and Gulfstream trips), so it's hard to say that we are worth as much as they are. We are only worth as much as the revenue we can generate for the company. However, I do agree: we are worth more, but first we'll have to prove it.