View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 07:38 PM
kman
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2005

I was hired right before the contract 05, I took a calculated risk. Upgrades at the time was under two years. I came because I knew it was getting better, unless the nja guys striked, I knew pay raises were coming. Unscheduled pay raise huh? The 07 ta was about fixing the 05 agreement and helping the company get more productivity out of us and fixing the new hires that got screwed with basing for the previous two years. Do you really think the guys like u and me would have stuck around for 44k for 5-6 yrs waiting for an upgrade? And for a newhire, do u think guys would stick around for 7-9 years waiting for an upgrade unless they raised the pay? If you ask me the company got more out of the deal then we did. They HAD to raise the pay and basing so that they could attract the cream. And when is whining and spouting equal to striving for more. Have I once said this is a sh1tty job?

"but you need to be more adamant about how good we have it at Netjets before you just start ranting about pay rates and upgrade times"

Why, there are plenty of guys that already do that. Do I have to repeat what is already known? We have a good job with great benefits? Can I start to rant know?

Ranting? How was I ranting? Jezz, its like I insulting the almighty himself. You guys are way too sensitive about ssomebody with a different opinion.

rant (rnt)
v. rant·ed, rant·ing, rants
v.intr.
To speak or write in a angry or violent manner; rave.
v.tr.

A speech or piece of writing that incites anger or violence

Wow u give me a lot of credit, didn't know my posting was so profound.

And as far as SWA, FedEX, and UPS, I currently short of the PIC requirements by about 200 hrs. One of the reasons I left my job at the time was the upgrade time was much better then where I was. I didn't stumble on to anything. I have busted my asz to get where I am at, I have no beef for you except that you call people names and can't back it up. I agree with proving that we our worth more, but my level of professionalism and work ethic have not changed since I have been here, I always give 100 percent to our owners and card holders and will continue to do the same until I leave.

So, how do we prove we are worth more? Haven't we already proved that we capable of making money, when the company said we couldn't make money with the 05 raises, were they lying to our faces or were they just spouting off and whining?

Last edited by kman; 04-20-2008 at 08:35 PM.