Old 04-29-2008, 04:41 AM
jetIP
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Default Great Opportunity for those getting out of AD

Thought I would pass on a great opportunity for anyone who is even considering getting out right now. The 96 FTS is going to begin conducting interviews for pilots to fly white jets at Laughlin AFB, Tx. I know that some may scoff at Laughlin’s location near Del Rio, but I’m here to tell you, it ain’t bad, and yes, I am a member of the 96th. Been here for 10 years or so. The unit here is the best AF unit I have been associated with in my 18+ years of AF service. If I had to do it all over again, I would come right back here to Laughlin, no hesitation. The bro factor here is huge. Why am I telling you this? I read APC all the time and hate to see our “recently former” AD pilots struggling needlessly, when most would still love to somehow be attached to military flying, just got tired of the AD minutia. Right now, we have some TR slots opening up mostly due to retirements. I know that we are OK with sending dudes to PIT if necessary. When we fill the openings we will be having the next few months, the opportunity will be over. Generally, once we get guys in here, they don’t leave (unless they interview to go to Randolph, which is an option if you want). It’s just one of those things that you may kick yourself for later if you don’t at least look into it.
Don’t want this to sound like an infomercial, ‘cause that ain’t what it is. I am just an IP and member of the squadron. I don’t do any hiring. I don’t even work in the “command office”. Just one bro to another trying to inform you of an opportunity you may want to seriously consider. Retirement is an option if you want. White jet reserves is a great opportunity to consistantly fly and get paid when the fickle airlines do their thing, and who knows what it’s going to be like in 6 months. Just passing along info. If you are interested, contact Skeet Lindsey at [email protected]. Great dude who can give you all the details (that I don’t have). You’ll probably find it’s easier than you think.