View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 05:47 PM
aerospacepilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Sabre 60

Switch to a new form of energy. Until then, there is nothing we can do to stop them. After all, this is a capitalist world. If people are making money selling/trading oil, good for them. I happen to believe that something as vital to our nations economy, national security, and overall well being such as energy should not be controlled by nations that hate us (Iraq, Iran, Nigeria, Venezuela, etc...) Do you really think they want prices low?

If you are wondering how you can make money (like a true capitalist) off of this energy crisis, invest in alternative energy. The price of oil is only going to go up long term. There is only so much oil in the ground, and we are using it up. The demand for oil continues to increase everyday. And this commodity has been shown to not exactly follow the laws of supply and demand (meaning the prices go up even as demand levels off). It is arguably the most valuable commodity on the face of the Earth. One day it is going to get so expensive that it makes economic sense to switch to an alternative source of energy. I believe that day was about 2 years ago...I suspect the majority of the American public will come around when gas hits $6/7 a gallon.

Crude oil was a one time gift to mankind. It was nice while it lasted... now lets move on.