View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 07:45 PM
mistarose
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Furloughed
Red face CFI PREP - Some Questions

Initial CFI Checkride is this Sunday, here are some questions I am pondering, if anyone could help answer / explain them that would be great:

What is a "Clark Y Airfoil" Piper Arrow 3's have them supposedly?

What is the best way to teach runway incursion avoidance to a brand new student?

What does the equipment list in for example, a Piper Arrow's POH tell you? Is it regulatory in nature? Obviously it tells us the equipment on the airplane, but what else?

Why does the rudder move freely on the ground on a C-152, and not on a Piper Arrow?

Why does the stability decrease when the Center of Gravity is moved rearward? I understand the relation between the CP and CG, and the elevator/stabilator control surface. I do not understand how moving the CG furthur back (closer to the CP and elevator) decreases Longitudinal Stability.

What is a "required crew member?"

On a VFR sectional, what does FCT mean if located in the airport description?

How does one prepare a course of training? I know its a general question, what type of stuff must you consider?

What minimum training would a CFI need to give a private pilot who only has a rotocraft category rating? Is it just the 20 dual and 10 solo in a single-engine airplane (assuming thats what they want) and 10 hours of rotocraft time can be used towards the new Airplane SEL rating?

can you takeoff from a airport in class G airspace where class E begins 1,200 AGL when: 10 mile vis, 900 foot ceiling under VFR? What if an airport 1 mile away is reporting 1/4 mile, but you can see atleast 7 miles?

THANKS IN ADVANCE, I may have more questions later on.