Old 05-22-2008, 12:16 PM
User Name
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by orlandoite View Post
1. Commercial Multi first and then Single Add-On
PROS: build lots of ME time during training
CONS: expensive, can't log ME PIC time
Bad idea: you'll pay twice as much per flight hour and none of that ME time will be PIC. You've identified that in your CONS list. The PROS isn't really a valid statement.

2. Commercial Single first and then Multi Add-On
PROS: cheaper
CONS: spending money on SE PIC time may be pointless because I will get plenty as a CFI
The PROS is very much a true statement, and even though you think you'll get lots of PIC single time as a CFI, which you will, if you go ME first, you get NONE of that as PIC time, so if you're gonna pay for something, it might as be something that will actually help you.

It may be that in the end, it doesn't really matter which route I choose, but right now I want to make the "right" decision. It seems that much of my confusion lies in whether airlines will care about ME Dual-received (counts for total time, right) time or whether they just care about ME PIC time. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
It does matter, because it will beg the question: "How long do you want to be making those student loan payments?"

It's ALL ABOUT ME PIC.

Get the comm single first, then do the multi. IMHO, it would be disheartening to know that after I got my comm/multi, I have to go back and knock out the single.