View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 11:49 AM
wiggy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: A330 capt

Originally Posted by Whalegod View Post
I can't take it anymore!! Been reading these posts for a while and I can't stay on the sidelines anymore.
I am top 1% at NWA, and I will walk before any DAL guy bumps me to 2%! I have waited decades to be the top dog on the whale, and I'll be D#%$&d if someone with one day less time at DAL is placed ahead of me on any SLI. Right now I will retire at 65 as #3, no DAL guy is going to make me leave as #4! I have been through strikes, pay cuts and two divorces to make it here. I have had to sell one of my boats and a vacation home just to keep making my corvette and hummer payments since the pay reduction. I won't trade my seniority for more pay as that just means my two ex-wives will get more alimony. My seniority status is all that my girlfriend and I have now. No way I will stick around to suffer the humiliation of being junior to someone younger then me with less time at his (or her, god forbid) airline. For all you junior NWA people who want to make nice with DALPA and their lies should be ashamed. Us old guys went through h#ll to get what we have, and you are all willing to just throw us geezers under the bus for a measley 35% raise. I can not believe what this industry has come to. Again, I can't take it. I am going to take all 6 weeks of my vacation now just so I don't go crazy!!! Whales and my seniority forever!!!!
Whale....god, is it? This post has to be a joke, it has way too many (if not all) of the classic, stereotyped cliche's of the senior, supremely egotistical airline captain. Corvette and hummer payments? payraises going to the ex-wives!--classic stuff, but the clincher as far as drumming up sympathy is concerned--has to be the "seniority status is all that my girlfriend and I have now"......I can see his girlfriend now: "come on baby, tell me about how you'll get to be in the top ten....then..#9...thats it baby...#8...#7...#6....oooh baby!! #5...#4......oh, baby,this is it!..#3!!! oooh, oh my (whale)(g)od!!!!.....uh-oh! oh no!---honey they stuck a younger Delta pilot in front of you at #3, you're only #4! I'm goin' shopping! (...hmmm....younger Delta pilot...probably cuter too...didn't have to sell his boat and vacation home...hmmm....)