Old 05-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Skyone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: B777 Left

Originally Posted by Dune View Post
What you must understand however is anyone who is considering this move must be willing to let go of whatever previous expectations and terms of reference you have acquired over the years as the UAE is not the U.S. and Emirates is not American/Delta/Northwest.....etc, etc, etc. This cannot be better revealed than by looking at the recent posts on Pprune from a pilot from Michigan who is a recent f/o new hire at Emirates:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=327570

I know nothing of this individual but to me this is the classic example of a pilot who came to Emirates who either:

a) didn't do his homework or,

b) based his assumptions upon the "Polly-Anna" views of a few individuals within EK who tend to post on these sites frequently and who don't (to my mind), fully present "both sides of the coin" (first platitude of many to follow in this post).
Dune,

As has been said before, you make some great rational points. But the link to pprune and that idiot from Michigan is off base. It would take an hour of typing to correct the inaccuracies and, I would say, outright lies of his post. Frankly, I would want the psycho folks to reevaluate his testing if he came over here without reading his contract or doing any research.

No matter what anyone thinks of Dubai and life as an expat, the airline just gave us our deserved 14 weeks of profit share and 12+% payraise. Don't see that happening ANYWHERE in the US.

Just my two dirhams.