Old 05-29-2008, 04:12 AM
Otto123
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2008

I am in the same situation and am doing my Comm. SEL practical this next week. It seems from some of your responses that since Multi is (well everything is these days) so expensive that the best route for the Comm. MEL may be to fly the dual and test for the Private MEL after 15 hours? The rest of the hours building for the Comm. MEL can then be logged as PIC correct? I have asked the question many times to the local flight instructors about what the savings may be to do the ME training after becoming a flight instructor with the school...oddly enough, I have never really gotten a straight answer? I know all schools won't charge the same, but I was wondering if there may be an average cost savings.
Another question I have is trying to hire into a FedEx job or something similar where the flying is done by a single pilot in a Cessna Caravan...what type of time and what type of equipment experience are they looking for? Obviously as a new Comm. ticket holder or even a new CFI, there isn't a lot of opportunities to gain that turbine experience, but is that was is needed to qualify for that all elusive single pilot turbine cargo job?
Thanks for your help.