Old 05-29-2008, 09:31 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Otto123 View Post
Thanks Rickair...

As for the FDX caravan job and why I would want to go that way, I guess it has always been attractive to me to fly like a modern day bush pilot before moving onto bigger and better things. You do bring up a good point of transitioning afterwards though and falling back into a regional job. I also didn't realize that they were contracted outside of FDX? I do realize that they are a huge risk as well for someone else's gain (package). I was figuring that it might be a shorter step into flying the big iron for FDX/UPS or DHL. I suppose it isn't given that I wouldn't really be offering anything to the company with respect to experience on bigger aircraft if I wanted to transition.

I suppose it is time to rethink the path and be open to whatever I can turn up or whatever presents itself as I step into the aviation career.
The big cargo guys want civilian pilots with heavy, multi-engine, turbojet experience. They don't care about what was in the back...cargo or pax is mostly the same once you shut the door.