Position: LAX ERA

Originally Posted by newKnow View Post
Out of Nagoya, Osaka, and Narita the 757 (180 seats) flies to:
1. Busan, S. Korea
2. Guam
3. Saipan
4. Guangzhou, China
5. Taipai, Taiwan (I think)

As I remember, the flights were always full.

Everywhere else the flights are 330's and bigger.

Wait. I forgot. The -400 goes down to Guam. I think the 330 also goes to Saipan. Basically, to the Japanese, Guam and Saipan are like Hawaii is to Americans. We have multiple flights down to those Islands FULL of Japan mainland passengers as well as those who connect through Japan from elsewhere (like S. Korea).

NWA and UAL have something in Japan that is hard to explain until you see it. They are like national airlines over there which the Japanese use heavily to go to places other than the United States. When you go over there and look at the ramp, you would swear you are in DTW or ORD.

New K Now
Yeah, I'm a 757 guy over there most months. We are starting up Taipai sometime this summer out of Narita. We did it out of Osaka for a time during SARS but when the loads came back it went back to a -400, but now I think it's a bus also. I think the only "south" flying the -400 does anymore is Manila out of Narita and Nagoa.....don't know about Osaka. Everything else, including GUM and Saipan are big busses. Guam and Saipan are turns on the buss, more beer for me

We are the SWA of the orient!

Ferd