Position: 767er Captain

Originally Posted by newKnow View Post
Out of Nagoya, Osaka, and Narita the 757 (180 seats) flies to:
1. Busan, S. Korea
2. Guam
3. Saipan
4. Guangzhou, China
5. Taipai, Taiwan (I think)

As I remember, the flights were always full.

Everywhere else the flights are 330's and bigger.

Wait. I forgot. The -400 goes down to Guam. I think the 330 also goes to Saipan. Basically, to the Japanese, Guam and Saipan are like Hawaii is to Americans. We have multiple flights down to those Islands FULL of Japan mainland passengers as well as those who connect through Japan from elsewhere (like S. Korea).

NWA and UAL have something in Japan that is hard to explain until you see it. They are like national airlines over there which the Japanese use heavily to go to places other than the United States. When you go over there and look at the ramp, you would swear you are in DTW or ORD.

New K Now
Thanks for the info New K... so I would assume then the bus drivers and real airplane (757) guys deadhead over for long rotations... Sounds like a pretty good deal.

When I was stationdito in the P.I. I remember seeing all the Japanese going to Guam to have the "American" experience... what a trip that was. A friend that was stationed on Guam said they would come over and pay big bucks to dress up like cowboys and ride on the back of a horse that she lead... just priceless...

I'm looking forward to seeing the operation someday.