Old 06-11-2006, 10:02 PM
sss_1981
New Hire

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Hi LAfrequentflyer!

Many thnx for ur prompt response..

So far, I have not looked into the Indian AF .. Are U meaning to say that this is one route to become a commercial pilot in my home country? May be, I shud look into this and shall try to acquire information ...

Hey, I am not in the US.. I am currently working in the Gulf country Kuwait . I am a Project Engineer in the German company ABB who are dealing with Power Plant projects here ..

Then, about ur suggestion on getting to US soil for pursuing an Engineering Career, this sounds gr8.. But hey friend, my real dream is to fly the skies as a co-pilot one day.

Wats really pushing me up to take up this career is first of all confidence in myself that I can achieve my goal , then my reasonable financial resources to complete a flying program..

Wat doubts really pulling me down is:-
* How quick I can achieve this goal ??? ..I am 25 nw and atleast by 27 when I presumably get married, can I acquire the flying hours in this short time in order to apply for interview for copilot position in one of my home country airlines? As any boy hopes, I dont want my career to be still hanging in uncertainty when a girl is about to place her trust in me! Thats Y I am worried how quick I can achieve this goal !!! Hope U get the point..
* ignorance about which flight school i shud choose and shud I do this in US or back in my home country?

If I can quickly find a clear answer to my above doubts, I will make up my decision on committing myself in pursuing a Piloting career..

Thanx and gr8ful to U for patiently hearing me and sharing ur ideas..

Cheers,
sss