View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Woofer
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Airbus 320 Left Seat
Default Group Excercises

I have a dilemma with regards to 'behaviour' during group excercises. Normally the group is presented with a scenario and a solution is to be found within the allocated time.

During my recent CRM refresher, we were presented with a survival excercise. We were given a list of items and we the group of four had to decide what to take with us and after that place in numerical order what we think is the most important items.

I was in disagreement with two of my group which item should be placed at the top of the list. I placed my thoughts through but the other 2 guys had their 'way'. The other in the group was indifferent. During the debriefing the item I was after was the most important according to a survival expert.

Such scenarios are presented during pilot interviews so my question/dilemma is this: How much should one press on with his argument? In my opinion I was not assertive enough. Having said that, pressing on might give the impression of knowing it all and trying to influence the group. In a way I do not want to be rude by pressing on and on the other hand do not want to give the impression that I am not assertive by giving in.

Would appreciate and thoughts on the matter.