View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 11:29 AM
jagplt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: 777 Multi-tasker

Originally Posted by Delco92 View Post
Albie, I would like him removed prior to next summer. He used our dues money to cause our pilot group to fracture. He does not deserve to be allowed to step down! The return on our dues investment demands his removal, not retirement.

Second, DW should allow SS and JA to approach the company with a buy out package.

Third, management needs to consider no training after 60 as the ICAO rule intended. If you are 59.8, then your current seat is your seat until you are 65. If you are over 60 and want to return to the cockpit, passover pay for the seat your seniority holds and you stay put. If your seat goes away, welcome to the training department. These are the most experienced guys, why not let all of us grain from their experience twice a year and during upgrade? No re-training costs, passover for over 60 and experience gained by all in the SIM. Also, an added benefit for the over 60 crowed, prolonged life by reducing the demands of flying all the time. Maybe we could all live to see 68. I suspect it is not about the money as you indicated earlier, Albie. I am sure it is about ego and wanting to have a window seat back. Selfish attitude that is only hurting our company and dividing the pilots.

Fourth, with 700m write down for FedEx Kinkos rebrand to FedEx office and tax bill of up to 300m per year for 2004-2007, FedEx is looking to save money. This is the prefect time to DW to "do the right thing" and try and fix the situation he created.

Remove him or "make him do the right thing"

Makes sense to me.... why let him exit as MEC Chairman.. why not exit as recalled MEC Chairman. Keep's the chances of a national reward down.