View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 06:01 PM
2dotslow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by duffrick
Well, on the following link; http://www.ntsb.gov/Recs/letters/2006/A06_16.pdf you will find that the crew was not a "Little high, little hot, little slow on the brakes". The NTSB found in their initial findings that the crew had followed all company procedures (which are FAA approved) except for using autobrakes and being late in applying reverse thrust.

We don't know yet why the thrust reversers weren't applied immediately upon touchdown, but the crew made a legal approach and were stable and on speed at the time of touch down.

I don't even work for SWA, but leave the crucifiction of flight crews to the news organizations since they don't have any integrity anyway. Once again 2dot, your opinions are just that, stick to the facts.
Fair enough, duff, my bad. I guess two outta four ain't bad... on speed, on glideslope, and still out of ideas...note the slight 18 second delay in following SWA procedure. Damn those whacky little nuisances like reversers and airbrakes...not to mention the tailwind component, crummy RCR. Can anybody say air discipline?