View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Nipopolis
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2005

I'll try to keep it short. I studied aviation in college but couldn't afford to fly. I wanted to fly for a living but my first job out of college was in IT. I did that for 14 years with various companies. I started my flight training in 1998 and followded my private with an instrument rating, commercial/twin ratings and then got busy with work and just flew all I could for until 2003 when I was down sized from my company. They call it right sizing so you don't feel bad about being fired... As I stated, I wanted to fly for a living but after a couple of years in IT, I made too much money to walk away from it and start instructing. When I was down sized, I decided that was my chance to follow my dream. I finished my cfi ratings as quickly as I could and was lucky to find an instructing job. It didn't pay my bills so I also took another part time job to make the money I needed to survive. Over the past year and a half I have giving 600 hours of dual and was lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time and was just hired by ASA. It hasn't been easy but I kept chugging along and I never gave up. If it's what you want to do, do it.

Nipopolis

P.S. I did all my training at local airports and I'm right at 1000 hours.

Last edited by Nipopolis; 09-14-2005 at 12:27 PM.