Old 06-05-2008, 09:13 AM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

About the same here. We have an automated system that will take you about anywhere you need to go. From Scheduling to training, to the CPO. It works fairly well, but with everything there are issues. I use it a lot to acknowledge my trips. I have not talked to a scheduler unless I have made the call.
The only exception was a reroute last weeks. I got a call in the hotel room. He was just being nice, and giving me notice so that someone could drop off more clothes in ATL if I needed them.
We are slated to change from E-crew to I-Crew later this year. What we have now is an internet application and take a ton of time to load up. I-crew is to be a web page where as it does not need some of the application software. (It may be a little different but that is how an IT guy explained it to me)
We really have about the same schedule, except Open Time, Swaps, Personal Drops etc are taken care of by the computer. All the schedulers do is set min staffing levels and it does the rest. It can be good and bad.