View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Flare Armed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: B767 First Officer

I don't think it'd make any logical sense to quit ALPA just because I didn't like the outcome of a seniority integration...seems short-sighted and childish. Especially when National ALPA doesn't actually have anything to do with seniority integration other than supplying a book with integration guidelines. Each pilot group prepares for its own merger negotiations. We raise our own money, have our own advisers, negotiators, etc.

I appreciate having access to ALPA attorneys, the Aero Medical department, alternative insurance products, etc... access to experienced, professional people that have been representing pilots and helping pilots for many years. Also as our industry becomes more global, I think it behooves us to remain under a large umbrella organization in conjunction with IFALPA.

That's not to say I agree with everything they do (forgiving certain scabs, age 65, etc.) but one organization is not going to please 60,000 type-A personalities.

I could, however, go without the useless monthly comic book... a PDF would be just fine!