View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 04:07 AM
CVG767A
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2005
Position: 767ER capt

Originally Posted by SCRWDbyMGMT View Post
NWALPA and DALPA are "chapters" of the greater NATIONAL ALPA, not independent unions!!! ALPA NATIONAL doesn't appear to be doing squat!

If you are happy with totally independent carrier unions, as you stated, then why are we paying dues to a national organization that stands on the sidelines?
I can't imagine pilots belonging to a union where direction came down from the national level. Each airlines MEC operates independently, and rightly so. Do you really want John Prater, or anyone in Herndon, telling you how things are going to be?

I'm not sure how you want national involved in our current situation, but I prefer that they stay out of it and let us work it out. If that's considered not "doing squat", then so be it.

I want the national organization for it's support functions: the Air Safety, Pro Standards, Jumpseat, Aeromedical, and Security committees are just a few examples. Being part of a large organization gives you a louder voice on Capital Hill, as well. It's worth the extra dues, IMO.