View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 05:48 AM
JustAMushroom
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Capt
Angry SkyWest Announces 6-900's

SkyWest Airlines is pleased to take the first six CRJ900s on order for SkyWest, Inc. Two jets will begin operating in September, with all six in service by November. SkyWest will fly the 900s under the Delta Connection banner at our Salt Lake hub. What this Means for SkyWest • SkyWest received the aircraft based on Delta’s needs comparable to market. The 900 represents an expanded role for SkyWest in Salt Lake City. • The 900s maintain our values of excellent performance, passenger comfort and low operating costs, allowing us to better serve Delta. • The 900s will allow us to reach further into new markets, giving Delta the flexibility and competitive cost aircraft they need in their Salt Lake hub. Configuration • The CRJ900’s spacious cabin will have ten Business Class seats and 60 Economy seats with 37- and 33-inch pitches, respectively. • All-leather seating in two-by-two configuration • Four crewmembers in-flight (two pilots and two flight attendants).

And all for the same pay!!!! When is this going to stop? At this rate we regional guys will be stuck here forever while the legacy carriers shrink! I think SW is a GREAT company but even I know it is my own best interest to not fly bigger jets at the regional level!