View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by DAL4EVER View Post
Agreed. Maybe if they paid more for tickets starting a few years ago, the merger wouldn't be contemplated now. As far as not wanting ticket prices to go up, I feel the same way when I pump gas into my car or buy groceries. Its a fact of life. If the commodities you want cost more, you'll have to pay more to obtain it.

Anyone not having read Atlas Shrugged should do so. Replace the railroads with the airlines and you have a phenomenal story about what is happening to the country right now. Imagine if airlines went away. These people would then complain they have no ability to leave their towns.

I feel strongly that we should remove urinals from men's rooms everywhere in this country as I no longer find very many men anymore. They've all been replaced by a whiny "I can't do anything for myself or don't want to take any responsibility for my actions" breed that resembles a man but is most assuredly not a man.
Well said DAL.

These people really feel they are entitled to low fares. It is their right. It's even in the Constitution.....somewhere. The fact that their low fares were and are subsidized by the loss of airline employees' salaries and pensions is immaterial to the great unwashed and entitled.

I don't know how it happened, but an airline ticket became much like the personal computer. Even though the PC is a modern miracle of technology, consumers feel like they've been screwed if they spend more than $500 dollars for it. If they do spend more than $500, they have to lie about it because they know their buddies will say: "man did YOU get screwed." This same mentality rules today with airline passengers. The technological marvel and employee expertise that is modern air travel is seen as a rip-off if it costs more than about $200 bucks. I've never understood that mentality, but the marketplace is going to change that mentality.

Carl