View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 02:40 PM
hiflyer
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2007

Originally Posted by Superpilot92 View Post
The SLI might be a hang up but it will quickly go to expedited arbitration. As far as my preference on aircraft, currently I am on the DC9 because i choose to be. I enjoy the DC9 and I figure that I have the rest of my career to fly glass and international so i am going to enjoy the DC9 while its here. I can hold the airbus but dont want to bid anything else right now. If the 9 is replaced by 737's i may bid that because i enjoy doing domestic stuff and have little interest in 8+ hour legs. We shall see, money may talk i am not sure yet. I guess will see if i get to keep my job first i suppose it may be a compass E175 for all i know.
No such thing as "expedited" arbitration. It is a misnomer that is used to say "bring-it-on!".

Lets say both sides agreed to "expedited" arbitration, explain the difference between normal and expedited or even "next day" arbitration.

An arbiter must be agreed to by both parties and the individual chosen would have to be available on the days for the hearing. After the presentations, done by lawyers, the judge would have to go back and rule and possibly have additional information presented. No difference in processes.

Why on earth if your future career as a professional pilot is in the hands of some judge would it be beneficial to push them for an expedited decision?

LM said today that negotiations for SLI will begin and hopefully will be concluded amicably. However, no PID has been established, so arbitration is still down the rode and would disadvantage the NWA pilot group going forward if they decide to push the SLI to arbitration, at least in my opinion.

Without a SLI, the jpwa will not take effect.