View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 08:47 PM
So Wonwee
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Many FBOs ask if we need a vacuum or something. The X has an external lav dumping system, so the line guys use that. Most of the time we clean up the messes made by the owners, we also vacuum and wipe down trays and windows. Some line guys will load bags, but again we usually do it ourselves. If you can get a line person to do the work and you tip them, you will be reimbursed by the company. If you have a smoker on board, you can request that a professional cleaning be ordered when you land, as the plane will surely stink.

We do not cater in flight. The owners know where we keep the food and snacks and they help themselves. We do brief them on safety, regardless of how many times they have been on this type of airplane. I personally give the same brief to everyone. I will often ask if they need anything before I hope up front. Many take a water, a few a coffee, and that is pretty much it. Some of the owners will ask us, during flight, if we need anything. Otherwise, I am of the opinion that my job is up front once the engines are running. We are required to check on the pax every so often, to make sure they are still alive. Before I use the lav, I will sometimes ask if anyone needs anything. Almost always they say no.

Loading bags in the X can be pain in the back, with the size of bags (large) vs space (small for our size), the heat and humidity, or the cold and ice. Most pax are not too messy, some will amaze you and make you say ***? when strawberries are ground in the carpet and crushed pringles are dumped in the compartment that holds the phone. There are indeed bad days and bad customers, but overall most are pretty good.