Old 07-08-2008, 08:24 PM
SharkyBN584
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: ERJ FO

Originally Posted by Flyguppy View Post
And it was the DUMBEST course of action, without a doubt. Screwing over fellow airline pilots.

ALPA has NO pull with UA mgmt. Their words will fall on deaf ears, trust me. ALPA cannot "sort this out". It is up to UA's mgmt to fix it. They have not done so in 2yrs because all they see is $$$ that would go to help employees, and they certainly aren't going to waste it on employees!!

And yes, you DID start the fight by bringing the jumpseat denial card up. So, no need to say "hey, I didn't start it..."
The argument could also be that UAL pilots have been screwing over UAX pilots for years with a JS system that favors them over us on our own friggin' airplanes. It's even better when they state that the Jumpseat shouldn't be used as a political tool...unless someone else starts it first...then it's a free-for-all. I don't use UAL to commute, ever. And anywhere I do need to go on UAL, there's others that go there too (and their flight will probably be on time).

Your management has shown no willingness to correct the situation...but your pilots have shown plenty of willingness to occupy our jumpseat while leaving our pilots sitting at the gate wondering what the hell just happened.