Old 07-08-2008, 09:03 PM
rememberaloha
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: CRJ 200/700 FO

You know how a great many of United pilots are, refusing to remember the "no RJs on property" vote years ago, and refusing to realize that the outsourcing happening at UAL with the transfer of so much flying to the UAX carriers is the end result of THEIR DECISION.

By not having the balls to stand up to UAL management (and "steal" the flying back), they turn to us, the UAX carriers (holding up more of the UAL system than United itself), and take it out on us pilots, many of whom (like myself) were barely old enough to drive when that vote was made.

We all know that some mainline pilots refuse the jumpseat (one in DEN comes to mind) to us because we "steal" the flying. Jumpseat not a political tool, yeah right. Practice what you preach.

I grew up in a United family, it's in my blood, I can't help that. Being a UAX pilot now, and having an up close view of how United operates, and how the pilot group operates in their relationships with other parties, makes me understand why many pilots I fly with say they no longer have any desire to work for United Airlines.