View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 02:28 AM
Sideshow Bob
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: MD11 CPT

Originally Posted by ⌐ AV8OR WANNABE View Post
Did not know the gentleman but my thoughts and my prayers are with him and his family. I'll also make a small contribution to the children's fund in lieu of flowers as requested by the relatives...

(wasn't sure if I'm allowed to post his name so I only use the first letter of his last name - if it's ok, maybe the moderator can include his full name)

The IPA is saddened to learn of the death of ANC MD-11 Captain Christopher C. Chris passed away Friday night as a result of injuries sustained earlier in the week in a motorcycle accident.

Christopher Deans C., age 50, of Monroe, a pilot for UPS, died on Friday, July 18, 2008 in Bridgeport Hospital. Born in Hartford on March 30, 1958, he was raised in South Windsor. Mr. C. was a member of the class of 1976 at East Catholic High School in Manchester and was a graduate of the University of Connecticut. A retired Lt. Commander for the U. S. Navy, he was an F-14 pilot on the USS Forrestal serving his country in Operation Desert Storm. He was an avid skier and motorcyclist and enjoyed music and spending time at the cottage in Sturbridge with his family and friends. His most cherished time was spent with his sons Joseph and David and his wife, Angela. He was pre-deceased by his father, William and mother, Joann C. Prescott and two infant sons. Survivors include his loving wife of 23 years, Angela Russo C., two sons, Joseph and David of Monroe, a brother David C. and his wife JoAnn of South Windsor, a sister Suzanne C. and her partner Becky Rehel of Bloomfield, two sisters-in-law, Jacqueline Russo of Monroe and Violet Pickney and her husband Bill of Fort Washington, Maryland, and he also leaves two nephews, Neil and Steven C.

To honor Chris' memory, please wear your motorcycle helmet.

Friends are invited to meet directly in St. John Cemetery, 505 Moose Hill Rd., Monroe on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 at 10:00 a.m. for graveside committal services. Friends may call on Monday from 4-8 p.m. in the Abriola Parkview Funeral Home, 419 White Plains Road, Trumbull. Information is also available at www.abriola.com It is recommended that crewmembers attend in uniform to show support to the family.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Christian Children's Fund, 2821 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294 www.christianchildrensfund.org or the New England Organ Bank, One Gateway Center, Suite 202, Newton, MA 02458-2803. www.neob.org/donationform.pdf
Never met the man, but I grieve for him and his loved ones. Let us all pause for even a moment and appreciate what we have, because it's fleeting even more than we know.