Thread: Ups/dhl
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 03:09 AM
bifff15
Banned

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
"Or if the glass is half-full, it could mean the IPA pilots doing the flying for DHL in Europe/Asia."

Don't be so sure that it won't be DHL that moves the UPS freight in other countries.

If the UPS/DHL deal is inked, There is an extremely likely possibility that UPS boxes will move on any one of the hundreds of local DHL planes based in one of the dozens of countries around the world. If you think your contract is strong and solid enough to prevent this, you may be in for a nasty surprise. DHL has been playing shell games for years with boxes, taxes, and regulations. They are experts at this and it will be next to impossible to track and prove who has your freight on board - and then enforce your rights - when this all happens half a world away.

I'm not saying you don't have a good contract and a valid claim to your freight. I'm just saying that you shouldn't assume you won't have a fight on your hands. Once this camel gets his nose into your tent, you're going to be dealing with the beast for the rest of your life.

Driver
Originally Posted by dudewannabe View Post
ah....another ABX/Astar guy.

Thanks for the doom and gloom forecast. I guess I should start sending out resumes to commuters?
I wouldn't send out resumes just yet. However, if someone makes a common sense or logical post then it's the content that one should heed vice discarding due to whom the messenger is.