Old 07-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Shamrock23
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008

No problem, but again I am still in your situation (relying on 2nd hand info) so somebody else here might be able to give you better information.

I always thought airnet seems like a good way to go if you want to go the freight route. Barron to LearJet, 4 nights a week. Maybe Cape Air they were hiring first officers recently but normally you need 1500 hours. Alpha flying (planesense) they fly Pilatus pc-12 I think they are looking for 1000 hrs and they pay better than most starting out.

In the mean time while instructing I thought a flight school like Lufthansa flight academy in Arizona were offereing around 35K starting out if you had 200 dual given. Also there is Oxford academy in the same location, that might be a good school if you ever planned to work in Europe because of the name recognition. There are some flight schools in China and the middle east which hire foreign instructors. I have not heard much about the middle eastern schools but there is some bad posts in forums in about the schools in China, but again you need to know what you getting into especially with a country like China.

I would not be too depressed, the upturn in the market was short and in my opinion I don't think I would be ready to be an airline pilot with 250 hours. I was talking to an airline pilot recently and when I was talking about the downturn he said that if you cannot take the downturn in the industry when you are starting out you might as well go and do something else because you are going to be dealing with it for you career, maybe that puts some perspective into it.