Old 07-30-2008, 12:32 PM
fatmike69
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: EMB120 CA

Originally Posted by ppilot View Post
Iron Maiden played a concert last July at Alpine Valley Wisconsin. One of the pilots that I fly with contacted Bruce before the concert and offered to fly down to MKE in her airplane and give him a ride to EAA (she is married to one of the upper-ups in the EAA organization.) He wrote back and said that'd be great, so she went down and picked him up. Her husband was at their hangar when they got back, and she said Bruce was just delightful; her husband just saw another pilot at first, and Bruce went up, stuck out his hand and said 'Hi! I'm Bruce Dickinson, thanks for having me.' Her husband had been a fan since he was a kid, and his eyes about fell out!

They ended up having Bruce stay at their house for the night, and flew him back to MKE the next day. They got to ride with the band in a limo to Alpine Valley (apparently Nicko is very funny), and Bruce said 'Why don't you stand on the stage and watch the show?' So they got to stand on stage right and watch the whole thing! Apparently after the show (it was Ozzfest) Bruce said he had to go, but they could try to stay on the stage for Ozzy if they wanted. The Ozzy people kicked them off.
To revive this thread....check out this link:

Bruce visits Alpine Valley

Holy crap! How awesome would it have been to be there for his visit! Next time Maiden comes around to my area I'll have to offer to fly them around. Although, I think I would request Bruce to sing "Aces High" for me over the intercom while we were flying around, haha!