View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 08:22 PM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Moses died as Mig 1, but I knew him as a great guy and a new guy in my AK squadron a few years (like 13 years ago) back.

He was a great bro, a solid guy you could always trust, and a wonderful husband and father. He was also the guy I picked to be in my fini 4-ship in Alaska years on my wing as my # 2 wingman. All three of my wingman from that day went on to be squadron commanders, including one who now commands an F-22 squadron in AK where we all started our F-15 careers together. I guess I was certainly the limfac in that crowd...

Moses went on to another ops assignment as Kadena and then did a career killing move as a major...an exchange tour with the Brits flying the F-3. His rep for hard work and solid flying skills got him direct hired off a joint staff tour with the Brits back into the Eagle at Lakenheath, where he was the Operations Officer. He then got the chance of a lifetime to be a squadron commander at Nellis AFB, where he was serving when this accident occured.

Moses was one of those guys I was waiting for on the post-Air Force side fo the fence. He was a wonderful guy...away from the cockpit and work as well. He was the classic example of an Air Force officer who never worried abou the next job but instead worked his butt off at whatever he was doing at the time and enjoying the job day to day. The results of that purity of vision and hard work were a career that many folks would be very jealous of...he did it right.

But as much as I thought of him, it is his lovely wife and two boys I am worried about tonight. They supported him all the way, but I know they have to be devastated. My world is a little darker since I got the call last night.

Go home and hug your loved ones...