Old 08-03-2008, 08:59 AM
CPOonfinal
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

No animosity intended.

There is a chance we'll see these people become increasingly unemployed as a result of the increase in the minimum wage. I don't think businesses can afford to pay more for help in a softening economy. Besides, a majority of those who work for minimum wage are where they are as a direct result of decisions they've made. Young people with little to no experience, going to college as well as those working an extra job are excluded. "Retired" people having to continue working in order to eat is a direct result of the "Great Society". If they were educated on investing 50 plus years ago instead of the government doing the investing for them I think they would be significantly better off. I worked many "low-wage" jobs and it's my opinion that these jobs aren't intended to facilitate raising a family on. These jobs are intended for extra income as well as for those with little to no work experience. Just my opinion. Check-out fairtax.org and see how HR25 would impact those earning below the poverty level. Pretty interesting.