View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 05:28 PM
multipilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Angry AOPA Credit Card...

I only use my card to pay for travel expenses when I go on job interviews. My last bill was due on July 13, a Sunday and not a business day. I mailed the check a week early. Naturally though the payment didn't get posted until the 14th, a Monday, and they friggin charged me a late fee and a finance charge. I called Bank of America to dispute the charge and the woman I talked to said she'd take care of it and waive the late fee and finance charge in full. She fed me some BS about having to wait 48 hours and then log on to make sure they credited my account. Well I waited two days and checked the account and they only credited me half of the late fee. Total BS. I called back and talked to a billing rep and he said he'd take care of it. This isn't the first time they've pulled this on me. I remember having to go through all this about a year ago. Same scenario. Bill was due on a weekend and didn't post until the following business day and got stuck with late fees. I'm going to cancel the card as soon as this all gets taken care of.

Anyone else have this problem?

Stepping off my soap box now.