View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 01:12 PM
DANCRJ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007

Northwest727: Before this thread becomes about how many hours you need to fly a jet, I would like to say 2 things. First, in 2 years things we'll be more or less stable, we are in a transition phase where airlines are adjusting to the changes in high energy costs. Some will adjust succesfully and take over the flying from the loosers. I'm guessing there's going to be some hiring in 2 years at the regional level but probably very slowly and still competitive.
Second thing, it's true about your experience, right now your goal is to build up that resume with experience. You should be CFIing right now if you want to graduate with decent times (if you are not already). Also, I would be aiming to have at least 1200TT by the time you graduate, those are the mins to be PIC 135. A job flying light twins overnight could be a great experience and give you an edge among the other 1000s CFIs competing with you for the job. More or less, the cargo and freight industry is going to recover before the pax industry, usually cargo operations have a better chance of passing cost of fuel on their costumers. Just my advice. Good luck and don't stress about it...........