Old 08-10-2008, 03:22 PM
⌐ AV8OR WANNABE
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by FlyByCable View Post
And with the resultant loss of flying, you junior guys will be furloughed. I hope that you are being sarcastic, but after reading lots of UPS posts on this forum, I don't think you are. You really should become better informed about your company and the industry in which it operates. While it's good to be very suspicious of UPS, their sole goal is not to screw you or the IPA.

TNT owns 4 relatively new 747-400s that UPS would love to get it's hands on. The rest of their fleet is a mix of owned and chartered aircraft that would have no place in UPS' fleet.
I don't think the company's goal is to screw IPA, not at all. However they want to make money, and as much of it as possible - which is great because that's what keeps us employed.

I do try to become more informed however I believe growth from within is the best way to go. As far as TNT - well the question was asked what we think will happen with the TNT's air side? I don't think my response implies that the company wants to "screw IPA" but rather that it'd maximize the returns, that’s all.

I'd have said the same thing if Fedex bought TNT (which still might happen).