Old 08-12-2008, 09:03 AM
⌐ AV8OR WANNABE
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by 767pilot View Post
Are your friends in the military? The competency test is indeed for those that wish an extended stay, like a green card, and the ability to come and go without a hassle. Wouldn't you think that pilots based there would fit that definition? Like I said, we have a few pilots that live over there, ask them about it.

As for the language test, I see a certain irony between pilots that wouldn't want to take such a test and still be able to live and work there and the same guys who may wish to deny spanish only speakers the same privelage here .

As the diceman used to say, "if you don't speak the language, get the F%$! out of the country!" Works in other places s well
Well, there you have it - a green card is not something that any of our pilots will ever need unless they decide to move to Germany permanently. Green card (which is actually pink ) is a "Permanent Residency Card" - notice the word 'permanent'.

If they apply for Green Card they should be tested for knowing the German language just as we should test those who want to live here for English (or press 2 for Spanish )

None of my friend is in the military over there, several work in the pharmaceutical business, a couple work for DHL and few others work for Lufthansa IT department.

They are all on long term visas and German is not required of them (even though some are taking classes right now for their own benefit).

Long term visa is probably what we'd get if a domicile ever opened there.

Last edited by ⌐ AV8OR WANNABE; 08-12-2008 at 09:12 AM.