Old 08-16-2008, 02:46 PM
yacko
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CRJ 900 F/O

Originally Posted by L'il J.Seinfeld View Post
Would you be selling yourself short? Of course you would be. Have you spoken with the unit's chief pilot? I am certain he would not be advocating becoming an FE with your background and qualifications. You should try some Reserve units as well as they seem to be a little more standardized and less of a boys club like the Guard.
Two weeks ago I set up a time to go to the base and meet with the pilots, navigators, and fe's just to hear what each one had to say. I spent several days putting together packages to give to each one with cover letter, resume, copies of all of my awards from active duty, epr's, medical records, letters of reccomendations..etc. The day of the appointment I get to the base and the guy I have been talking to is not there. My name is not even on a list to meet with anyone or that I was ever coming. A recruiter pulls me into his office to see what as up and so I go over everything I had been talking about for the past several weeks with the other guy. He makes a call for me and says we can go over to ops and meet up with some people that are there. Well the only ones around that would talk was the flight engineers main guy. He was great and had a lot of good info and even took me out to the planes and showed me around. I left one of my packages there with him but never got a chance to talk to any navs or pilots. The recruiter set me up a date for the flight physical which I have to do no matter which way I go. It was just a very frustrating experience to commute home when I only had one day off to speak with all of these guys which was made out two weeks in advance and then find out nothing was ever said to anyone about it and nothing was ever set up. If I was not previous military I guess i would have been suprised by this,haha..