View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 08:03 PM
ERJ Jay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 737 CA

I'm eagerly waiting too.

Not to put a dampener on things, but, by my Math if we don't hear anything by Columbus Day we're probably not going to hear anything till April Fools Day next year.

My reasoning is that UPS does not seem to do very much training near to peak. So to get us out of the school house by peak we really need to be in Class by Oct at the absolute latest.

If they don't need/want us for this peak, it will take most of the first quarter next year to finish training guys from the classic 74 (and the displacements) that they kept for peak this year. Then by the middle of the second quarter the 767s will start to show up in earnest, and they will get a better delivery date for the Cargolux 74-4s since the 74-8 should be in flight testing/certification runs.
That will give them a time line for hiring.
My hope was that they were going to actually take delivery of those 4 Transmile MD11s for added lift with the DHL deal this peak; and cancel the displacement of MD11 and 747 guys. Then get new hires onto the panel instead, while they run a new system bid with the new MD11s available for bidding.

But what do I know. Logic is not always in play.