View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 12:32 PM
pkunzip66
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Default Truck problem...anybody have any ideas?

I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V-6 automatic. I may have two problems. 1st is that when I turn the key to start the truck, at times it will crank and then I loose all electrical in the truck. After about a min or two it suddenly comes back to life and I am able to start it. I have to give it gas in idle or otherwise it will die on me but once doing that for about 30 seconds it is able to stay started by itself. 2nd When I put the truck in drive and start my way down the road, it feels as if the fuel system is choaking and getting limited power. As I am I driving it will also surge in power and if I decide to put the gas down, it will run up to about 3500-4000 RPMs with power and then it will go over the 4000RPMs mark with no power to the drivetrain (something similar to if you stepped in on a clutch and gave it some gas where the RPMs go up). Coming back lastnight I noticed that the check engine light came on and it was flashing. Then it would stay steady on and back to flashing. As I went out this morning to check out what was going on, the check engine light was gone. I have tightened all the battery and electrical connections I can think of, replaced the fuel pump about 2000 miles ago, fuel filter replaced, MSD spark plug wires, Bosch spark plugs, iginition coil replaced and also the ignition coil wire replaced. Help me out cause I think there is some major gremlins in the electrical system with these trucks.

This couldn't come at a "better" time considering I am getting furloughed at the end of next month.