Old 08-23-2008, 10:06 PM
N0315
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: CFII

"The problem (well depends on perspective) with low-wage workers is that their jobs are only worth low-wage."

hmm, I can think of some pilots making 20K a year. Weird you would say that on this site.

From us pilots down to the gas station clerk, we all need to make money to survive. We NEED people to send packages, jump out of planes, and buy tickets. That includes everyone. If your figure is correct, which I believe it is (I think the average for two kid son these programs is around 45K), there is no need to even work. I dont make 32K a year unless I throw in overtime, and I am a certified mig welder. Should THAT be a low paying job? Everyone needs to make enough money to survive, and with one dependent, YOU DONT GET THE PROGRAMS YOU SPEAK OF. I worked at a subway while I went to school, I got nothing in the form of student aid or anything. My dad would not pay for any of it, but let me live at home. SO, that means student loans. I know you're aginst loans, so should I have just not went to college? Work at subway and be a mig welder that only deserves low wages my whole life?

"People are at where they are in life because they want to be there ultimately (excluding medical issues). There is plenty of opportunity in America even in the present economy"

who is going to make that car of yours? that airplane? Come to Michigan and let me show you just how wrong you are. there us to be a time where you could make a good wage and living by doing things like making car and car parts, etc. Not anymore. Do THEY want to be out of a job that got sent to Mexico so the company can make more money for the top peoples pockets? Well, here we have just that. A government that steals half of what you make, gives it to people who dont work, have more kids then they can afford, and then gives you the rest to pay more taxes on things you have to buy to survive. No one wants to make $12 an hour, but someone has to. So, how about we give these people a break and stop telling them they are there because they want to be. I assure you, they don't. When they cuts wages to stay "competitive", milk does not go down. Gas does not go down, nor do the taxes we have to pay to buy these items. Thats the problem people, most people in this country cannot afford to buy a new car, so few people do, and that puts people out of work. not all people are raised or born to be doctors or things like that. That does not mean they should not have a decent life. Sorry to tell you, but I think we have seen there are airlines out there that think flying airplanes is worth a low wage.