View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 08:29 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by cl601pilot View Post
I wouldn't put up with child molesters or prohibited drugs that I could see going on from my vantage point of looking over my shoulder from up front.

However, flying owners that are big drinkers, flying their mistresses or picking up hookers. Those situations don't seem like too big a deal. The line will have to be drawn somewhere. Its not just black and white in the real world.
Exactly - and isn't that line drawn pretty easily in your post above. The first two are ILLEGAL and the last three might be MORALLY in question but not against the law.

Someone mentioned earlier the question about liability if the big drinker was hitting the sauce hard and then got behind the wheel of a car and was involved in an accident. If someone is throwing a party or a bartender can be held responsible - I'm not sure I understand how the PIC (who is responsible for everything that happens on his airplane) or the company is not held liable also.

It seems that the simplest (and maybe most conservative answer) is that illegal activities are not allowed on the aircraft. Again - if a company is willing to let illegal activites occur on their aircraft then maybe it isn't a company that I should be working for.

USMCFLYR