View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 04:42 AM
Pantera
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Happy FO

Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Nice to see this glimpse into Comair's recent history...

At the time we had 165 aircraft and 1850 pilots on the list.

Big Sky, Pinnacle, XJet, and Freedom/Mesa were not yet part of DCI.

The doom and gloom was if we voted down the freeze, but the freeze passed (61% to 39% IIRC) so what we have now is best case. Comair management is simply incapable of doing any better. Delta is incapable of keeping promises.

Since ALPA stepped up to help the company, we've lost/are losing around 50 planes and 650 pilots, give or take.

Hey Vage, tell me again how I can help out?
Originally Posted by The Chow View Post
I hope this will be a good lesson for those of us who came on property after the cuts and freezes. Management is trying to get our union to agree to all sort of concessions using the same old argument today that was used back then. Well look at what we got then......Does anyone think it will be different this time around?

To my union representation: Don't give an inch. They already violate our contract by letter and spirit. I'd rather be on the street than see our work rules written by J.O.
You are very right. And all the pilots that came on the property after the freeze and the promises that have been given to us by management so take note. I for one will not ever vote to take a freeze or a paycut. Sorry Delta raise the ticket price to offset the cost of my pathetic wage.

I for one am counting down the days until the current contract is up and the wrath of the pilot group starts the new negotiations.