View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 09:48 AM
WannaBleftseat

Default tough spot

Pilot 82 whats the upgrade time to left seat in the citation? are they making you pay for a type rating or just right seat ops? what you might want to ask them if they are willing to finance your training. my training cost ... 8 - 10 grand? thats ballpark. i didnt have that much on me but my company said i could pay them 2 grand and work off the rest at like 200 - 300 every pay period. It works out and plus they gave it to me interest free. I only did the right seat training but when i go back for the type rating its on their tab. Is the C3 company worth working for? Flying a citation is fun and its great to get experience in a jet but there is always other ways to get jet experience. If you can work for one company like AirInc for a long period (say 4 years) and you are constantly upgrading it will look great on a resume. If you are thinking about going to the citation job and jumping ship ASAP for a better deal... you might be better off at AirInc. Airlines (not an expert on this but i have heard) like to see people who stay with one company and continue to upgrade. I dont know much about AirInc but a 12 month upgrade to the jet sounds almost too good to be true. Hell are they still hiring? haha j/k

mike