View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 06:36 PM
N6724G
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Flight Instructor

I think thats the thing. Its about priorities. All these other schools, what I like to term pilot mills are interested in is getting you through your ratings and the required time to get to an ailirlne. Thats NOT what learning to fly is all about. Its not about building time building time. Its about becomming a competant pilot. People are so focused on getting 1000/100 they tend to foget you have to be a proficient pilto and lov aviation.

Most of my flight training has been done at a small flying club with a 60 year old CFI who loves to teach. I decidd to get my multi rating a a flight school to use my GI Bill. My MEI was a young guy who went through ERAU. He was reviewing my logbook and was astonished that I actually did fliyng that was NOT for a rating. See each hour he has is toward a lisence or rating for his career. I on the other hand will fly for the heck of it. I may take my girlfriend down to Savannah for lucn. I may go up with a friend just to see whats up. I do want to be a professional pilot, But I am also an aviation enthusiist and I think thats impotant