Old 09-01-2008, 12:28 PM
757upspilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by NJA Capt View Post
I'd say you're a few years behind.

Let me catch you up:

The FAA got involved in 1999.
In October 1999, the FAA convened the Fractional Ownership Aviation Rulemaking Committee (FOARC), consisting of twenty-seven representatives of a cross section of the business aviation and on-demand charter industries, foreign civil aviation authorities, the DOT and the FAA. Aviation Advisor Jul 18 01

Several frac providers have already tried low fee programs. As a matter of fact, Flight Options began as a "used plane" low cost alternative to NetJets.

Once again...already happened. OPTS was sold to HIG Capital in 2007.
Flight Options was acquired in November 2007 by H.I.G. Capital, LLC, a leading global private equity firm with more than $4 billion of equity capital under management. H.I.G. specializes in acquiring companies with great growth potential and helping them achieve their goals. H.I.G. support and investment will allow Flight Options to build on its success as the most innovative company in private aviation.
Flight Options: Private aircraft programs on a higher plane: Programs: FAQs
Flight Options cuts nearly 200 jobs, including 75 pilots - Cleveland Business News ? The Latest Breaking News, Earnings Reports and Stories from The Plain Dealer

NetJets original company (EJA) was founded in 1964. NetJets program was founded in 1986. Two years before UPS received its Air Carrier Certificate (1988). NJA currently operates over 500 more a/c that UPS.
The government attention is more along the lines of the TSA and Homeland security.

You aren't big enough to attract the cutthroat competition, when you are it will limit your growth.

Sorry about Flight Options, probably just the first.

UPS was moving airfreight in the 30's

500 more a/c, that depends on what you call an a/c.

Your total fleet value and gross and net revenue last year?

I have been watching the fractional outfits