View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 04:18 PM
X Rated
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: MD80

Originally Posted by RedeyeAV8r
Re Re-read my post...........I said it ALPA national will normally provide legal assistance between an NON ALPA carrier and an ALPA one........... but with the TWA-AAL it did not because of the following.............

I was told that ALPA did not have a legal leg to Stand on during the merger.
Because the TWA MEC agreed to Vois the Merger/ Successorship clause in the TWA Pilot contract as part of the Merger deal. I was told that voiding that section was a AAL demand before the Merger deal would proceed..........

This is why the TWA pilots were unfortunately stapled to the bottom.
I do not know this to be fact. This is what was told to me by an ALPA attorney.

If you were former TWA.......Please confirm this one way or another? Is that True or Not?

Yes, I am former TWA.

ALPA National's lawyers advised the TWA MEC to void the Merger/Successorship! You should have seen the fist pounding by one of these lawyers at one of the late MEC meetings where the "shiite sandwich" was crammed down! ALPA insisted the TWA pilots sign it. We didn't. Only later was it discovered about other activities that ALPA (and it's law firm) were involved in.

This was misinformation and railroading by ALPA at it's best.

So tell me why a FRAGMENT of USAir was going to be (or at least ALPA Nat'l was negotiating for) integrated date of hire with American when the original four-way (AMR/TWA, UAL/AAA) merger was announced?

X Rated